Using Cloud services has never been easier
The world is changing. With the rise of smart devices, automated cars, 5G and high-speed streaming, there’s now more data in the world than ever before. In this changing world, each enterprise customer needs to make sure their services will not suffer because of slow data. They need to avoid data congestion, low latency and delays and make sure they’re not wasting money on high transit costs and telco charges. The data needs to stay closer to the data consumers so, they need a secure edge data centre.
Hybrid and Multi-Cloud Edge Computing and proximity data center
Following several years of trying to find the best approach, numerous organizations have found that a hybrid cloud and multi-cloud approach seems to be the best choice to obtain the best mix of agility, scale, speed, control, and security. The world is changing. With the rise of smart devices, automated cars, 5G and high-speed streaming, there’s now more data in the world than ever before. In this changing world, each enterprise customer needs to make sure their services will not suffer because of slow data. They need to avoid data congestion, low latency and delays and make sure they’re not wasting money on high transit costs and telco charges. The data needs to stay closer to the data consumers so, they need a secure edge data centre.
As part of our Continuous Improvement Program we’ve undertaken an extensive strategic review focusing on the IT challenges facing our customers and partners. And we’ve subsequently evolved to help the Romanian business community to overcome these challenges. By providing more neutrality, more choice and better support.
We’re also continuing to invest in our multi-choice cloud platform that brings together private cloud offerings based on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or KVM, public cloud offerings (Azure) or hybrid choices (StarVault, Azure Stack) so customers can use the right cloud offering for every workload. We enable modern applications to harness dynamic cloud native technologies such as Azure, whilst also accelerating the modernisation of traditional applications that are typically built for Physical and VMWare environments so they can come together on the same data center, with the same top SLA.
It’s the diversity of our multi-cloud technologies, which enables customers to avoid lock-in, harness their existing capabilities, and enable greater agility to deal with uncertainty. Together with our partner and customer community we’re making progress happen and StarVault continues with our commitments to provide the compelling cloud platform for agile and cost-effective IT:
- Consistent high-performance and predictable low-cost. Through our local data centre we provide the (low) cost, (low) latency and (high) performance of a local private cloud infrastructure.
- 24x7x365 technical support based on a local team. You have the advantage to direct interact with the team managing your private cloud infrastructure
- Guaranteed SLA (Service Level Agreement). You have a clear SLA secured with penalties attached to SLA breaches.
- Flexibility and total freedom. We believe in hybrid and in multi-cloud. Because there is no single cloud that delivers the choice and flexibility you need to support your diverse workloads, skills and tools, without compromise.
- We are open you are never locked in. Because you deserve to benefit from plurality, competition and flexible commercial terms.
- We are experts. With more than 18 years of experience we can accelerate your safe passage to cloud. Because our experts have unrivaled experience of delivering top grade multi-cloud (private and public) solutions.
Our TIER III DATA CENTER
In 2009, Star Storage launched a state-of-the-art data center, providing companies with the necessary infrastructure, as well as with a complex outsourced services portfolio for protection and management of customer data and applications.
Electrical power sources
- Star Storage Data Center is built to provide maximum up-time. UPS batteries are capable of sustaining the location’s energy supply for 15 minutes, while diesel generators ensure data center operation without utility power;
- N+1, 2N or even 2N+1 infrastructure design that allows the entire system to work without interruption in case of some components’ failure;
- Our collocation services include prioritization of fuel supplies through which, for a long term supply disruptions from the network, permanent generators power is secured;
- Electricity – UPS power supply systems and a redundant diesel generators power supply system in case of emergency. Redundant power, on different paths for each data processing equipment.
The Data Center includes a neutral communications facilities area that will allow you to choose any Internet provider, according to your needs (dark fiber, T1, etc.).
- 24×7 dedicated personnel that control the access in the building and protect your assets;
- Secure access points, including the loading platform and video surveillance monitoring by closed circuit television system. Private spaces for customers, secure electronic locks;
- Access control procedures, based on security levels, rotating door, secured with biometric reader, video surveillance and 24×7 centralized security management.
Star Storage Data Center is protected against fire with an inert gas discharge system.
- Numerous cooling equipment and a system designed to remove heat and maintain the humidity level required to remove the static discharge;
- Air Conditioning – redundant air conditioning system with air distribution under the 84 cm high floor, for maximum temperature control;
- Air conditioning system designed and implemented as recommended by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers), the reference guide in the field – Thermal Guidelines for Data Processing Environments.
Data Center Features
- 800 sq.meter, located 8 km away from Bucharest city centre, in one of the safest buildings in Romania;
- Tier-3 (minimum 99,982% availability) according to the TIA 942 and Uptime Institute specifications;
- Anti-seismic equipment protection;
- Dedicated facilities for both equipment and offices;
- 24×7 monitoring of the location, performed by the Star Storage Network Operation Center staff;
- 24×7 on-call support.
BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
From small or medium sized businesses to large enterprises the cloud offers the ability to drive down costs and deliver increased operational efficiency, productivity, agility and flexibility. This it is much easier to start business innovation initiatives, enabled by readily available cloud services. Utilizing or combining these services can result in new and innovative business models, generating new value propositions and resulting in new revenue streams.
Zero initial investment
Eliminate cost with initial investments and significantly reduce operational costs due to the high level of optimization on resources allocation. Now you can balance your company finances with greater ease and avoid unexpected costs or large investments. You need your business to grow and we can help you streamline your company.
Pay only for what you use
Perhaps, the most significant cloud computing benefit is in terms of IT cost savings. Rather than purchasing expensive systems and equipment for your business, you can reduce your costs by using the resources of your cloud computing service provider. Like any other utility (water, energy) you can use the service depending on the needs you have at the time.
Simple and hassle free
Performance at the next level
Transform Capex in Opex
You don’t longer need to buy over sized equipment, now you can only get the resources you need! Your company saves power, floor space, storage and IT operations needed to manage those resources. The overhead costs of owning a server are also non existent: procurement and accounting personnel, not to mention a critical resource in short supply.