In 2009, Star Storage launched a state-of-the-art data center, providing companies with the necessary infrastructure, as well as with a complex outsourced services portfolio for protection and management of customer data and applications.
Electrical power sources
- Star Storage Data Center is built to provide maximum up-time. UPS batteries are capable of sustaining the location’s energy supply for 15 minutes, while diesel generators ensure data center operation without utility power;
- N+1, 2N or even 2N+1 infrastructure design that allows the entire system to work without interruption in case of some components’ failure;
- Our collocation services include prioritization of fuel supplies through which, for a long term supply disruptions from the network, permanent generators power is secured;
- Electricity – UPS power supply systems and a redundant diesel generators power supply system in case of emergency. Redundant power, on different paths for each data processing equipment.
Star Storage Data Center is protected against fire with an inert gas discharge system.
• Numerous cooling equipment and a system destined to remove heat and maintain the humidity level required to remove the static discharge;
• Air Conditioning – redundant air conditioning system with air distribution under the 84 cm high floor, for maximum temperature control;
• Air conditioning system designed and implemented as recommended by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers), the reference guide in the field – Thermal Guidelines for Data Processing Environments.
The Data Center includes a neutral communications facilities area that will allow you to choose any Internet provider, according to your needs (dark fiber, T1, etc.).
Data Center Features
- 800 sq.meter, located 8 km away from Bucharest city centre, in one of the safest buildings in Romania;
- Tier-3 (minimum 99,982% availability) according to the TIA 942 and Uptime Institute specifications;
- Anti-seismic equipment protection;
- Dedicated facilities for both equipment and offices;
- 24×7 monitoring of the location, performed by the Star Storage Network Operation Center staff;
- 24×7 on-call support.
- 24×7 dedicated personnel that control the access in the building and protect your assets;
- Secure access points, including the loading platform and video surveillance monitoring by closed circuit television system. Private spaces for customers, secure electronic locks;
- Access control procedures, based on security levels, rotating door, secured with biometric reader, video surveillance and 24×7 centralized security management.