This report conducted by AIIM presents a careful analysis of the amount of paper in the office, the obstacles towards removing it, the move towards digital mail rooms and multi-channel capture, and the increasing exploitation of mobile and cloud. Above all, we look at the progress towards paper-free processes, the triggers and decision making processes, and the issues, benefits and ROI.
- 25% of 2016 respondents run a paper-free environment
- 39% see a reduction in records management
- 41% report better quality in downstream data capture
- 44% cited the speed of data availability as the bigest benefit of mobile capture
- 50% cite regular process reviews, and cost savings equally as additional innitiatives to eliminate paper