WHAT IS SEAL?
With a scalable architecture and a seamless integration with the state-of-the-art object storage platform, HCP (Hitachi Content Platform), SEAL offers business value for line of business users both for productivity and compliance scenarios.
SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PAINS AND NEEDS
- Overwhelming volume of data and high costs for primary storage
- Low business insight due to poor access to information
- High costs with losing or re-creating existing documents
- Securely keep a large volume of valuable data
- Securely share documents with partners and colleagues
- Easily view and access content from a variety of systems of devices
- Platforms that are hard to use by non-technical users
- High volumes of unstructured data (paper documents, electronic documents, e-mails, xmls)
- Useful information stored in different formats and systems
- Useful information spread in different locations
SEAL helps business do more by offering a complete solution for creating and managing a unified and safe archive. No more losing time on searching or recreating documents. All your resources at your fingertips.
- Designed to work on top of Hitachi Content Platform in order to provide the value added business and management services;
- Designed as a multi-tenant system, SEAL maps concepts from information archiving offering to the internal HCP capabilities: each “customer” is mapped to a HCP “tenant”, while each archive is mapped to a “namespace” within the HCP system;
- HCP REST Management API to create tenants & namespaces;
- HCP REST API to upload & retrieve data into each managed namespace;
SEAL stores in HCP each document as an object (content & metadata), for each object at least 2 replicas are created by HCP (2 is the minimum replication factor in HCP).
Find out below how SEAL enhances HCP deployments and together provide real value for business needs.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Hitachi Content Platform Certified
- Deeply integrated, leveraging HCP key features (for example data protection, metadata, retention, multi-tenancy and namespaces);
- Competitive pricing vs. traditional DMS/ECM platforms. Capacity based licensing available (unlimited number of users);
Ready to Use Out of the Box
- Due to uniquely flexible data management features, it can ingest, archive, and use any document, with any classification, from day 1 after the out-of-the-box installation;
Ready to Integrate
- Own REST API;
- Embrace open standards such as Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) and therefore content managed is accessible in non-proprietary format from any system or mobile device;
Cloud & Mobile Ready
- Designed for Cloud and SaaS providers with multi-tenancy capabilities;
- Based on own mobile application for iOS and CMIS implementation the users have the ability to easily view content using a variety of devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones;
Included document scanning with OCR
- Embedded powerful document scanning (StarCapture Desktop) with unlimited OCR and automatic learning;
Dynamic adaptive data model (user self-service)
- User-defined metadata schemas - dynamic adaptive data model for “IT independent” information governance - business users can store documents classified based on metadata schema defined by them (power users) without requiring prior help from IT department. Gain independence from IT while IT can maintain governance models;
“Dynamic Schema” Indexing
- Strong content ingestion capabilities (files and metadata, document scanning and indexing, PST and emails from MS Exchange) with uniquely flexible data management features (no-schema);
- Efficiently metadata-based browsing capabilities with unlimited hierarchical navigational views over the stored content with metadata driven views of documents (perspectives), rather than strict taxonomy based structures (no more fixed files and folders hierarchies). Business users can have personalized view (business user defined, without IT involvement) based on the content metadata;
Included internal viewer for documents
- View PDFs, scanned images, Microsoft Word docs directly from SEAL. Web based and optimized for viewing large scans;
Document Collections - secured content sharing
- Ability to define specific set of information based on specific needs (document collections) with advanced sharing capabilities (inside and outside the organization) while keeping information governance & control (the content doesn’t leave the repository). In terms of security SEAL provides more than just control lists (time-boxed security, dynamic security);
Powerful and flexible security rules
- Built-in user management or integration with LDAP authentication;
- Security enforcement by multiple algorithms: access control lists, policies, security / classification levels;
- Dynamic Security - powerful and flexible security rules based on metadata;
- Content encryption using AES;
- Long-term archiving with integrated tools to sign, view, and use qualified certificates for digital signatures in order to build and manage a compliant electronic archive;
Advanced records management
- Enforce retention rules of business documents based on a records retention schedule, record-holds, file lifecycle management and enforced disposition if needed;
- Automation of retention and compliance policies, ensuring legal, regulatory and industry compliance;
- MS Outlook client to declare Outlook objects as corporate records.
Find all your documents at a click, reuse them and win valuable time and resources by working efficiently with SEAL’s added benefits.
Build your Unified Information Governance
- Capture, transform, index and securely manage your entire paper and electronic archive, leveraging a centralized records management repository that will put you lightyears away in front of your industry;
- Transform paper into a reusable electronic archive and start building your Paperless Office;
- Store, find, reuse and share your valuable documents;
- Manage valuable business content based on what it is rather than where is stored;
- Competitive pricing vs. traditional DMS/ECM, legacy applications and platforms;
- Eliminate the cost of losing or re-creating existing documents;
Free up IT resources
- Enable your line of business users to store and view documents without the need for specialized IT personnel;
- Reduce the load of databases supporting the business apps;
- Leverage the true power of content mobility using our dedicated clients for iOS and Android and CMIS implementation that allows you to easily view and access content like never before from a variety of systems or devices;
- Unleash anytime, anywhere the power of your corporate information assets just sitting there, in your day to day business processes.