Document Management and Automation for Manufacturing
Operational excellence is vital in the manufacturing industry. Effective document management and automation is crucial and allows manufacturers to leverage their information to innovate and grow effectively. The manufacturing industry needs also to ensure regulatory compliance and reduce risks.
A massive amount of controlled documentation is necessary, where a mistake at any level can affect the production and the organization’s reputation.
CHALLENGES AND BUSINESS IMPLICATIONS
- High Cost and Lack of Efficiency with islands of information spread over different line of business applications
- Regulated content not managed properly / Lack of advanced Compliance and Records Management
- Extra $$$ for the IT – managing several islands of information;
- Extra $$$ / work for the information workers to utilize
content as part of the business processes;
- Ineffective search leading to poor/limited decision making.
- Extra $$$ – Fines / Health & Safety incidents / Reputational risk
- Extra $$$ / work for the quality and compliance team
- Lack of tools to automate compliance leading to extra $$$ /
work to do it manually.
With out-of-the-box features such as metadata-based perspectives, smart folders or document collections SEAL manages and automates the document-centric processes in the manufacturing industry to reduce risks and optimize business processes around engineering, production, maintenance and quality assurance while making information silos a thing of the past.
While factories were the platforms driving the Industrial Revolution, computer and communications platforms have driven the information and connectivity disruptions of the past 30 years. Now, digital platforms are the next wave of change. Digital transformation is now in full swing in every sector of manufacturing. New and disruptive technologies, changing consumer expectations, commercial and operating demands and consumer expectations, etc. – there are many changes that are radically transforming the industry.
- Best TCO – competitive pricing (capacity based) especially for large number of users, fast implementation, rapid user adoption, low maintenance costs;
- A simple but amazing user experience – designed for business / non-IT users, focused in simplicity and productivity;
- Open technology – ready-made connectors (SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft), advanced APIs, unmatched support foropen standards to simplify integration and eliminate vendor lock-in;
- Designed for cloud but offering total freedom: support for cloud, on-premises, and virtualized environments;
- Mobile support – for iOS and Android to enable secure content access from anywhere, on any device;
- Long Term Preservation and e-Signatures with integrated tools to sign, view, and use different types of e-signature to build and manage a compliant electronic archive;
- Advanced Security with metadata-based, dynamic security rules, data encryption, MFA;
- Advanced Records Management – for an extra layer of control and effortless compliance;
- Low-code Digital Process Automation – supporting smart workflows, automated tasks assignments following business rules, flexible routing, approvals and case collaboration functionalities leveraging the power of metadata.
HOW IT LOOKS
SEAL can transform the way product and engineering information is managed and shared across your manufacturing enterprise with several use cases:
- Engineering Documentation Management;
- Engineering Documentation Management for overhauls and maintenance;
- Collaboration in the Extended Enterprise;
- Products Documentation Management;
- Patents Documentation Management and Compliance;
- SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) Management and Compliance;
- Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Management and Compliance;
- Sourcing: Procurement and Suppliers Management, Contracts Management, Order to Delivery;
- Warranty Management, Claims Management.
Increase in operational efficiency
- Effective document control for engineering drawings in a unified system;
- Streamline engineering drawing management and engineering drawing control;
- Easy searching and finding documents across locations and devices; Documentation provided quickly and securely to the whole team;
- Efficient workflows and document-centric collaboration across teams;
- Complete and always-updated work order information;
- Enhanced User-Experience for LoB Users;
- Mobility for business agility.
Significant reduction in costs
- Lower costs with content consolidation and unified information management;
- Increase efficiency of work order execution;
- Reducing equipment downtime through efficient overhaul and repair management.
Reduce risks and compliance with industry regulations
- Company-wide unified information governance, inside and outside the firewalls;
- RACI based document review and approvals;
- Strict control of documentation deliverables from contractors;
- Health, safety, quality, regulatory and IT compliance;
- Data Protection and Ransomware protection.
SMART SOLUTIONS BUILT ON TOP OF ADVANCED PRODUCTS
A next generation software solution for AI and metadata-driven content efficiency, compliance and process automation platform.
Connect, capture, index, share and securely manage your entire electronic archive while maintaining compliance.
At a fraction of the cost usually paid for classical ECM systems, SEAL is an enterprise information archiving system that enables you to capture, transform, index and securely manage your entire electronic archive, while still maintaining the necessary compliance and governance toolsets.