In-store document and process automation
Changing customer preferences, declining revenues, and rising costs put pressure on the profitability of many retail companies today. Given the margin pressures within the industry, retailers that want to remain competitive in the coming years must consider digitalization and automation a strategic imperative. Retail organizations that move to paperless and automated operations will lead the market through operational efficiency.
- Accelerated shift to digital shopping;
- Far fewer stores – shift to online delivery, pick-up orders, integration with other delivery services;
- Personalization and digitalization require building unique data-driven ecosystems;
- Supply chain disruptions – coronavirus, trade wars, local labor standards, safety regulations, self-sufficiency;
- Replacing inventory with search – goods shipped directly from factories, bypassing dealers and warehouses.
- The displacement of established firms, products and/or services by new players, technologies or business.
Our Solutions for the Retail Industry
Based on our flagship software platforms – SEAL and StarCapture - we offer solutions that enable retailers to manage critical corporate content and business processes associated with products, suppliers, employees and customers, thereby attaining a significant reduction in costs and a corresponding increase in operational efficiency.
Every aspect of the retail environment involves an increasing number of documents – both paper and electronic – that must be captured, processed, stored / archived and managed. Star Storage solutions can assist retailers to efficiently manage these documents (regardless of source or format) and their associated business processes as well as gain additional efficiencies and cost savings through integration other applications / systems like web commerce, product information management, existing ERPs, CRMs, custom applications and legacy systems.
Star Storage offers solutions for retail industry that streamline core business processes (such as order planning, shipment coordination, invoice processing, contract management, employee on-boarding and lifecycle management, report management, distribution and vendor collaboration) through digitalization and automation, all while leverage existing ERP and CRM investments.
- In-Store Customer Centricity:
- Mobile customer engagement for high value products;
- Catalog Management: technical documentation of sold products;
- Empowering staff to better serve the customers: warranty certificates, warranty sheets, return documents, etc.;
- In-Store Operational Excellency:
- In-store local procurements and supplier management;
- In-store delivery in different scenarios: Buy Online Pick-Up in-Store, Buy Online Ship to Store, Buy Online Ship from Store, Reserve Online Try in Store, Reserve Online Buy in Store
- In-store Paper Trail Archiving;
- In-store POS Data Archiving;
- In-Store Workforce Experience and Efficiency:
- Employee File Management: documents related to the team in the stores
- HSEQ documentation
- Store / Facility Management and Administration:
- Property documentation: technical documentation for building, installations, etc.;
- Regulatory documentation: fire protection, environment, GDPR, compliant e-Archive, etc.;
- Supply Chain, Sourcing and Contracts Management:
- Procurement and Suppliers Management / Purchase-to-Pay
- eSignature and Contracts Management
How it looks?
Benefits for the Consumer and Retail Industry
- Greater efficiency in managing supplier contracts, orders, and shipments;
- Improved automation to increase product velocity, reduce inventory costs and optimize demand forecasting;
- Improved cash flow via timely invoice payments;
- Improved employee experience - Manage all product information via a single secure access point;
- Improved employee productivity by providing current, accurate product information;
- Streamlined employee recruitment and hiring process;
- Reduced G&A (general & administrative) costs - significantly reduced storage and handling costs for documents;
- Compliance with industry and governmental regulations;
- Data-driven culture - enable the cultural transformation required to become a data-driven organization with strategy, processes, and governance to guide you through industrializing AI.