Frequently, traditional ECM (Enterprise Content Management) software is used mainly for unified content repository, archiving and records management, which translates into high maintenance & operational costs and poor user experience. Due to inflexible platforms and lack of advanced records management capabilities we are seeing a surge in the number of unhappy customers and thus huge business opportunity to decommission/replace legacy ECM.
SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PAINS AND NEEDS
- Organizations are looking to archive and manage multiple content types;
- Aging on-premises archiving platforms are being replaced by more modern solutions;
- Need for decommissioning legacy application while still keeping access to their data with lower costs;
- Mobile access − access to archived content through a mobile web-based browser (smartphone, tablet, laptop, and so forth) and mobile apps for iOS and Android;
- Enterprise Content Management Companies have more than 15.000 active and mostly unhappy customers;
- Legacy ECM losing focus on technology and benefits;
- Limitations of legacy ECM architectures and poor cloud integration and support (no multi-tenancy, difficult back-up and restore process, difficult automatic failover and failback processes);
- Archiving as a service (a.k.a. cloud archiving) has rapidly surpassed on-premises archiving;
- Lack of advanced records management capabilities (WORM, retentions, digital shredding, extra cost for specialized records management capabilities etc.);
- High maintenance costs with the information archiving platform software maintenance renewals, support contracts and with the document capture component;
- Extra costs for standard functionalities (viewer, records management functionalities, etc.);
- Poor user experience for unified content repository, archiving and records management use cases;
- Poor support for mobility of traditional ECM platforms;
- Lack of advanced integration with Hitachi Content Platform.
IMPROVE the existing HCP in relation with existing legacy ECM with Star Connectors.
- Migrate content managed by existing Legacy ECM from current storage platform to the existing HCP and increase usage of the existing HCP / sell more capacity.
Content Migration Services – MIGRATE in place enterprise content management solutions from existing storage environment to HCP
- “Application aware” Content migration (metadata, objects) from legacy ECM to HCP / SEAL;
- Utilizes standard tools: Star Connectors for HCP / Star Universal Content Migrator for SEAL / HCP;
- Star Connectors for HCP projects involve also content migration services.
IMPROVE the existing Legacy ECM with a new HCP and Star Connectors.
- Replacement for current content storage platform with a new HCP;
- Replacement for current content storage platform shared among multiple applications.
REPLACE existing legacy ECM with SEAL and drive HCP sales / adoption.
- Replacement of existing legacy ECM with SEAL / HCP.
Secure enhanced content storage and governance
- External (to application server and users) storage area
- WORM storage option
- Inherent HCP resiliency (“backup-less”)
- Enforce retention at storage level
- “Shredding” and “holding” options independent of application
- Prevents unintentional/unplanned deletions of content
Migrate content without disruptions
- No impact on legacy ECM users
- No impact to core document management functions
- All operations are transparent to legacy ECM user
Improve data reliance
- Simplify backup and restore procedures
- Reduce the backup footprint - to HCP files which don’t need to be modified
- Improve recovery with automatic failover and fallback with HCP replication
Enable private-cloud architectures
- With HCP multi-tenancy.
Aggregation of both content and metadata on HCP
- Enables (legacy ECM) application independent searching
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
- Hitachi Content Platform advance integration / certified;
- Competitive pricing (license & maintenance).
- Unlimited internal & external users licensed as standard;
- Great user experience, from desktop to mobile devices;
- Designed for Cloud, multi-tenant capable;
- Mobile-Ready with CMIS implementation and native mobile apps;
- Optimized for fixed content vs. Legacy ECM complexity;
- Advanced imaging capabilities included as standard - document capture with unlimited OCR and integrated viewer;
- Dynamic Security - powerful and flexible security rules based on metadata;
- Information retrieval and discovery-centric, making it easy for the user to find and see the data (perspectives) – vs. the rigidity of legacy ECM;
- Metadata schema flexibility − dynamic adaptive data model for “IT independent” information governance and “adaptive-schema” indexing;
- Content encryption and digital signature support;
- Advanced Records Management with file plan, retention, and holds as standard − all these features leverage HCP retention and retention management architecture and capabilities.