WHAT IS STARMIGRATOR ENGINE?
StarMigrator Engine is an application-aware Content Migration tool enables content and metadata migration out of multiple systems into HCP allowing decommissioning of legacy ECMs.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
More than 60% from the total number of organizations worldwide have in place more than three ECM systems. Content consolidation and unified information governance can easily translate into cost optimizations, streamlined operations, increased efficiency through easy and permanent access to information while maintaining compliance.
StarMigrator Engine was built especially for content and metadata migration out of multiple ECM systems into Hitachi Content Platform (HCP).
- System architecture is simplified as complex, resource-demanding systems are replaced by oneHitachi Content Platform (HCP) thus saving future costs;
- It aggregates bothcontent and metadata on HCP allowing external applications to use it and searches to be performed independent of other systems availability;
- HCP content is stored in such manner that makes it easy for existing applications to use it;
- Content migrated to HCP can beaccessed by other applications from day 1of the migration process;
- It can optionally enable other applications to use the HCP stored information thru its standard protocols;
- No restrictionsadded on existing system architecture;
- Can be easily extended to decommission other legacy systems (custom Add-on).
- Optimize multi-platform architectures;
- Replace legacy systemsused as a backbone of document storage to store, retrieve, delete content & metadata and enforce retention rules;
- Easily enable existing applications to usethe HCP stored information;
- Secure the content, in a backup less, secure, resilient store (HCP);
- Enable content reuse together with metadata independent of other platforms availability;
- Enforce retention at storage level along with shredding and holding options thus preventing unplanned content deletions;
- Migrate content without disruptions considering each environment needs and infrastructure with audit and statistics options;
- Enable private-cloud architectures;
- Up to 50% Savings on the Content Management Costs;
- Move to a New Generation ECM and gain a better use of your budgetsto grow your business rather than your ECM supplier;
- Move to a New Generation ECM and empower your line of business users with a powerful but simple interface, easy to use from day one;
- Next Gen Architecture designed for Cloud and Mobile-First world;
- Move to a New Generation ECM and forget about the headaches of your IT Support Team with an always-on architecture;
- Mitigate the risks of an uncertain future;
- Move to a New Generation ECM and secure your future with the best technology and a certain roadmap.
FIND OUT WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
Protection and replication
- Self-configuring and self-healing with automated enforcement, failover, and integrity checks
- Ensures specified number of replica copies are maintained to tolerate simultaneous points of failure
- Retains multiple versions of files for easy recovery in case of accidental changes or deletions
- Policies enforce document retention, authentication, and file replication to secure valuable digital assets
Immutability and retention
- Write-once, read-many file system where content is stored in an immutable format with the ability to set file-level retention
- Protects content from being recovered from stolen media using patented Secret Sharing technology
- Transparently encrypts all content, metadata, and search indexes
- Reduces the physical size of the data stored in Hitachi Content Platform
- Enables greater storage efficiencies and scalability and enhances TCO
- System architecture is simplified as complex, resource-demanding systems are replaced by one Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) thus saving future costs
- It aggregates both content and metadata on HCP allowing external applications to use it and searches to be performed independent of other systems availability
- HCP content is stored in such manner that makes it easy for existing applications to use it
- Content migrated to HCP can be accessed by other applications from day 1of the migration process
- It can optionally enable other applications to use the HCP stored information thru its standard protocols
- No restrictions added on existing system architecture
- Can be easily extended to decommission other legacy systems (custom Add-on)
- Find and inspect duplicates
- Remove duplicates but maintain integrity