What is SAP Archiving?
SEAL Content Library Services for SAP brings together the extensive information archiving functionalities of SEAL Unified Records Management system based on HCP platform and the power of SAP. Like never before you can reduce your SAP footprint, cut costs, gain smarter utilization of IT resources and leaner systems while boosting SAP archive usage from a powerful yet simple interface that your line of business users will purely enjoy.
SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PAINS AND NEEDS
- Large storage footprint due to duplicated content: SAP database typically increases by 5% to 10% with each SAP release;
- Fines and lost revenue due to compliance issues: legislative and legal requirements urge SAP administrators to protect the data and make it available for later retrieval to avoid audit and lawsuits costs for delays in eDiscovery procedures;
- Low business insight due to poor access to information: 90% of SAP users are experiencing monthly performance problems caused by large volumes of database tables or old transaction data;
- Overwhelming volume of data and high costs for primary storage: 70% of SAP customers worldwide have no idea how big their database is or its growth rate;
- Poor user experience due to complex SAP interface.
This solution delivers a simpler way to free up storage space in SAP (content offloading), improves response time and system availability and solves performance issues caused by large volumes of database tables or old transaction data.
- Archive SAP data files (ADK files) from any SAP business suite application;
- Archive SAP business documents and associated metadata (business objects attributes for each archived/linked document);
- Archive SAP print lists to reduce SAP footprint while cutting costs;
- Enable SAP users to easily access and display from SAP user interface documents that are now stored in SEAL repository, extending and boosting the value of standard SAP data archiving;
- Enable non-SAP users to access, view and share documents directly from SEAL user interface for improved user experience.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT
- Ready to use immediately: uniquely flexible data-management features, it can be used day 1 after the out-of-the-box installation;
- Hitachi Content Platform certified: deeply integrated, leveraging HCP key features (e.g.: data-protection, metadata, retention, multi-tenant and namespaces);
- Maximum flexibility for user access: unlimited navigational “perspectives” over the stored content and powerful security rules to help give access to as many employees as needed;
- Ready to integrate: implements CMIS and therefore is accessible in non-proprietary format from any system and from the mobile device of choice;
- Pricing: capacity based, 1:1 with HCP configuration (unlimited number of users).
- Leverage Hitachi Content Platform key features (WORM storage, encryption, digital shredding, content deduplication, single instance, strong metadata management, back-up free storage, advanced retention, multi-tenancy and namespaces) and use it as an intelligent distributed object storage system to deliver the best functionalities for SAP environments;
- Secure and scalable universal content repository for SAP content with powerful but simple user interface for non-IT / business users;
- SEAL Content Library Services enables saving ADK based archive files into a secure repository, built on top of HCP storage platform;
- Enable organizations to comply with legal regulations in terms of storage with SEAL on top of HCP storage platform;
- Enable customers to apply retention policies and to control disposal, maintaining document lifecycle governance.
SEAL Content Library Services for SAP brings together the extensive information archiving functionalities of SEAL Unified Records Management system based on HCP platform and the power of SAP.
- Free up SAP storage space, improve response time, system availabilityand solve performance issues;
- Stay in control of SAP data growth while reducing the TCO of your SAP system;
- Gain smarter utilization of IT resources and leaner systems;
- Reduce the pressure over the IT personnel with faster backup & recovery windows and smoother SAP upgrade deployments;
- Affordable licenses, fast implementation and lower maintenance costs;
- Ensure compliance and reduce company exposure;
- Long-term SAP data archiving. SEAL empowers automation and more complete and secure data archiving and storage processes;
- Enable non-SAP users to access, view and share documents directly from SEAL user interface for improved user experience;
- Enable line of business users, without the help of specialized IT personnel, to easily apply retention policies, control disposal, while maintaining document lifecycle governance;
- Reduce your SAP footprint while focusing on your business and not on technology with zero CAPEX, pay per use and headache-free operations;
- Facilitates data reuse at a later time, with SEAL advanced or simple search and retrieve features;
- Flexible browsing perspectives to reach the business content just the way users think about it (no more fixed files and folders hierarchies);
- Advanced and simple document search and retrieval features;
- Individual or bulk content download/export (based on security permissions);
- Metadata driven search templates and subscriptions;
- Get instant access to archived information within your business context;
- Store, share, synchronize, protect, preserve, analyze and retrieve file data in a single system;
- Allows your business users unhindered access directly from SAP interface to all historical data.
SEAL Content Library Services for SAP - Demo Movie