NN (Nationale-Nederlanden) chooses a state-of-the-art “multi-Tenant” Digital Archiving as a Service solution
NN (Nationale-Nederlanden) is one of the largest insurance and asset management companies in the Netherlands. NN Group is headquartered in The Hague. On 23 December 2016, NN Group reached an agreement to acquire competitor Delta Lloyd Group for 2.5 billion Euro. Huge volumes of data still existing on legacy archival platorms were affecting core application's performance, operational costs and compliance. Taking into consideration the goal to implement new archive solution and migrate legacy archive data NN started a project called ‘Titann’, with the aim to replace the existing (legacy) archive platorms of NN and Delta Lloyd with a state-of-the-art online digital archiving solution.
Everything you need to know
Taking into consideration the goal to Implement new archive solution and migrate legacy archive data NN started a project called ‘Titann’, with the aim to replace the existing (legacy) archive platforms of NN and Delta Lloyd with a state-of-the-art online digital archiving solution.
- Digital enablement - The new archiving solution allows for the 24/7 availability of all archived data for business, business partner and customer use. This serves the needs of customer-focused Digital use cases and the goals of the NL Strategy program
- GDPR compliance - archived data with ‘Personal Identifable Information (PII) in compliance with GDPR.
- End-of-life archival platform replacement - Current solution platforms for archiving cannot fully support the Digital enablement and GDPR goals and hence need enhancement or replacement
Digital Archiving as a Service powered by SEAL and HCP.
With archiving as a Service using SEAL as a service working on top of Hitachi Content Platform providing repeatable value added business and management services NN was able to store fixed content data more cost efficiently and boost core business applications’ s performance while maintaining the ability to quickly and permanently access business data for
day-to-day business activities.
Best-in-class Digital Content and Records Management Powered by SEAL and HCP.
Designed as a multi-tenant system, SEAL maps concepts from information archiving offering to the internal HCP capabilities - each “customer” is mapped to a HCP “tenant”, while each archive is mapped to a “namespace” within the HCP system.
- Hosted global service
- Multi-tenant for lowest possible cost
- Long-term preservation of data, full on-line availability
- Fully OPEX based
- Granular (fle level) data life-cycle support
- 100% availability, minimized data loss risk
- Guaranteed technology upgrades
- Continuous investment
- Additional business value services
Solution Characteristics Delivering on the promise: Unified Digital Content and Records Management Services
- Capable of handling both structured and unstructured data archiving
- Ready for Big Data and IoT archiving
- Powerful integration capabilities with the existing line-of-business applications leveraging CMIS based content repository integration.
- Business User centric (modern interface
– powerful but simple, optimized for mobility)
- Advanced information governance capabilities, strong metadata management, embedded document capture, OCR and document viewer, versatile search (fuzzy, character substitution etc.)
- All archived data is kept online, indexed (full-text also) and readily available after inception.
- Ready-made apps for iOS and Android allow easy content access from any location;
- Capacity based licensing, unlimited no. of users
- Advanced Compliance capabilities(GDPR ready)
- Full retention cycles supported including legal holds, metadata based retention; Object level security (both ACLs and group management);
- Enterprise Applications content offloading – tools for content migration for live enterprise application (performance boosting, unified content repository) & legacy applications (decommissioning, content part of the unified repository)
- Multi-faceted metadata management allows for granular control of Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Unique option to keep PII data on local storage while non-compliance objects are offloaded to public cloud.
Boost core business applications’s performance
- Transparent cost (pay-per-use) with a Hosted Global Archive delivered as a service;
- Optimize the TCO of existing business systems, while maintaining high operational availability and data performance;
- Easily re-utilize data throughout the data lifecycle. The solution offers both early and late stage archiving scenarios, which maximizes business results at the lowest possible cost;
- Business User centric (modern interface – powerful but simple, optimized for mobility)
- Multi-tenant for lowest cost available and rapid on boarding adoption model
- Reduce applications footprint, cut costs, gain smarter utilization of IT resources and ensure leaner systems, while boosting application’s archive usage;
- Dynamic security - powerful and lexible security rules based on metadata; built-in user management, LDAP authentication; security enforcement using access control lists, policies, security / classifcation levels; AES content encryption;
- Empower collaboration while keeping information control thanks to document collections and time-boxed security;
- Applying governance and gaining insights from best-in-class metadata architecture.