What is SEAL for Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry?
Every aspect of the architectural, engineering and construction project involves an increasing number of documents that must be captured, processed, stored / archived and managed. SEAL enables contractors in the Architectural, Engineering and Construction industry to manage critical corporate content and business processes associated with the Projects (Build) and Operations documentation, thereby attaining compliance with industry regulations, cost reduction and a corresponding increase in operational efficiency.
SPECIFIC CUSTOMER PAINS AND NEEDS
• Accurate management of project-related documents when building, managing and maintaining critical construction and engineering assets;
• Unify project-related documents coming from various sources to ensure complete visibility of project deliverables and status;
• Avoid scheduling errors or incorrect order forms when dealing with large scale and complex projects;
• Empower collaboration and secure data sharing while maintaining full information governance and compliance;
• Develop a unified data classification system to increase efficiency;
• Automate disconnected, lengthy and inefficient back-office processes;
• Ensure a safe work environment, regulatory compliance and mitigate risks;
• Straightforward and painless knowledge transfer when delivering all the required project data and documents to the client at the end of any project.
• Work delays and wasted supplies;
• Reputational risk, shutdowns and fines for non-compliance with industry regulations;
• High risks and costs associated with human errors;
• High cost to manage and maintain the project after delivery due to poor handover.
Based on SEAL, our next-generation content and information governance platform, we have developed industry-specific solutions that empower engineering and construction companies to protect and maximize the value of process-specific documents by classifying and indexing them for access by any and all that require them. Star Storage solutions can assist contractors to efficiently manage these documents (regardless of source or format) and their associated business processes and gain additional efficiencies and cost savings through integration with other applications and systems.
Find out below how SEAL for Architecture, Engineering and Construction Industry works and together provide real value for business needs.
Automate processes and increase operational efficiency. Achieve operational excellence with accurate management of all project-related documents.
On field project management - on time and on budget:
• The most recent version of construction documents available at any time, making it faster to meet deadlines and respond to any requests;
• Smart events, automatic notifications are sent when an action is required, preventing the project from stalling;
• Re-use knowledge from past projects to ensure better decisions in the future.
Collaborate and co-ordinate. Share data securely. Gain access to a Common Data Environment (CDE)- a digital shared workspace acting as a single data point that will help you to manage every project development process.
Unified data classification system. Locate electronic project data quickly and painlessly.
Efficient back-office processes. Powerful workflow capabilities, metadata-based rules and smart events, working together to redesign, automate and control internal processes ensuring cost savings.
Regulatory compliance and reduced risks.
Safe work environment:
• Automatic distribution of safety procedures digitally, for futureproofing;
• Allow health and safety teams to act quickly and make every operations safer.
Smooth Knowledge transfer and Handover.
As-Constructed (As-Build) Asset Information Model developed through the stages of the information delivery cycle, in a single repository, from the start of the project.
How it Looks
• Manage critical corporate content and business processes associated with the Projects (Build) and Operations documentation;
• Protect and maximize the value of process-specific documents by classifying and indexing them for access by any and all that require them;
• Efficiently manage all documents (regardless of source or format) associated with every aspect of the architectural, engineering and construction environment and associated business processes;
• Gain additional efficiencies and cost savings through integration with other applications and systems;
• Simple and convenient digitizing of physical documents — including non-standard sized documents like large-format blueprints — leveraging large-scale scanning capabilities already build into SEAL;
• Ensure project documentation integrity by applying automated rules that can identify missing information or entire documents;
• Provide automated notifications for missing content, late processing, or missing documents;
• Allow project managers to send electronic requests from anywhere using mobile electronic forms;
• Lets you capture project information such as daily reports, delivery tickets, accident reports, payroll and equipment time, from anywhere;
• Digitally transform the change management process by capturing required signatures electronically;
• Easy to access, share and collaborate on documents across your organization or with external stakeholders on any project;
• Significantly reduce work delays and wasted supplies by leveraging workflow automation capabilities;
• Enhance efficiencies by streamlining approval processes with decision-based routing;
• Accurate management of project-related documents;
• Complete visibility of project deliverables and status;
• Meet deadlines and timely response to any requests;
• Efficiently manage the project development process with a digital and structured approval process;
• Harness the entire power of your team by empowering everyone working on a large engineering projects to know where specific data lives, what it is and where to find it;
• Automate back-office processes (managing invoices, approving payments, calculating penalties, managing changes in the contracts, etc.) and other processes that have a direct impact on cash flow and profitability;
• Never miss relevant info in a safety report, submit safety requests with one click, and receive alerts from anywhere, allowing the health and safety teams to act quickly to make operations safer;
• Allow you to generate project closeout documents in minutes;
• Reduce costs associated with comprehensive document controls that minimize the risk and cost of litigation.